Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
Listed below are a few eye-opening quotations by prominent scientists
and thinkers of our time. They are worthy of consideration. We could list
many, many more by palaeontologists, geologists, astronomers, chemists,
physicists, mathematicians, cosmologists, zoologists, geneticists and
physicians: but the sheer volume of quotations would exhaust the reader.
Those listed below should suffice to prove our point that the theory of
evolution is not as fool-proof as it is cracked up to be, and hundreds of scientists are distancing themselves from it every year. After all, who
wants to be associated with a theory if it's wrong? Driving down the
wrong highway will never get you to your destination. Now to the
quotations. Bear in mind that they are made by prominent scientists and
scholars of our day.
"I have little hesitation in saying that a sickly pall now hangs over the big bang theory."
(Sir Fred Hoyle, astronomer, cosmologist, and mathematician, Cambridge University)
"The pathetic thing is that we have scientists who are trying to prove evolution, which no scientist can ever prove."
(Dr Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner and eminent evolutionist)
"The theory of evolution suffers from grave defects, which are more and more apparent as time advances. It can no longer square with practical scientific knowledge."
(Dr A Fleishmann, Zoologist, Erlangen University)
"It is good to keep in mind ... that nobody has ever succeeded in producing even one new species by the accumulation of micromutations.
Darwin's theory of natural selection has never had any proof, yet it has
been universally accepted."
(Prof. R Goldschmidt PhD, DSc Prof. Zoology, University of Calif. in Material Basis of Evolution Yale Univ. Press)
"The theory of the transmutation of species is a scientific mistake, untrue in its facts, unscientific in its method, and mischievous in its tendency."
(Prof. J Agassiz, of Harvard in Methods of Study in Natural History)
"Evolution is baseless and quite incredible."
(Dr Ambrose Fleming, President, British Assoc. Advancement of Science, in The Unleashing of Evolutionary Thought)
"Overwhelming strong proofs of intelligent and benevolent design lie around us ... The atheistic idea is so nonsensical that I cannot put it into words."
(Lord Kelvin, Vict. Inst., 124, p267)
It is possible (and, given the Flood, probable) that materials which give radiocarbon dates of tens of thousands of radiocarbon years could have true ages of many fewer calendar years."
(Gerald Aardsman, Ph.D., physicist and C-14 dating specialist)
"We have to admit that there is nothing in the geological records that runs contrary to the views of conservative creationists."
(Evolutionist Edmund Ambrose)
"The best physical evidence that the earth is young is the dwindling resource that evolutionists refuse to admit is dwindling ... the magnetic energy in the field of the earth's dipole magnet ... To deny that it is a dwindling resource is phoney science."
(Thomas Barnes Ph.D., physicist)
"No matter how numerous they may be, mutations do not produce any kind of evolution."
(Pierre-Paul Grasse, Evolutionist)
"The likelihood of the formation of life from inanimate matter is one to a number with 40,000 noughts after it ... It is big enough to bury Darwin and the whole theory of evolution ... if the beginnings of life were not random, they must therefore have been the product of purposeful intelligence."
(Sir Fred Hoyle, astronomer, cosmologist and mathematician, Cambridge University)
"It is easy enough to make up stories, of how one form gave rise to another, and to find reasons why the stages should be favoured by
natural selection. But such stories are not part of science, for there is
no way of putting them to the test."
(Luther D Sutherland, Darwin's Enigma, Master Books 1988, p89)
"Is it really credible that random processes could have constructed a reality, the smallest element of which - a functional protein or gene - is complex beyond ... anything produced by the intelligence of man?"
(Molecular biologist Michael Denton, Evolutionist: A Theory in Crisis (London: Burnett Books, 1985) p 342.)
"When I make an incision with my scalpel, I see organs of such
intricacy that there simply hasn't been enough time for natural
evolutionary processes to have developed them."
(C Everett Koop, former US Surgeon General)
"Modern apes ... seem to have sprung out of nowhere. They have no yesterday, no fossil record. And the true origin of modern humans ... is, if we are to be honest with ourselves, an equally mysterious matter."
(Lyall Watson, Ph.D., Evolutionist)
"Although bacteria are tiny, they display biochemical, structural and behavioural complexities that outstrip scientific description. In keeping with the current microelectronics revolution, it may make more sense to equate their size with sophistication rather than with simplicity ... Without bacteria life on earth could not exist in its present form."
(James A Shipiro, Bacteria as Multicellular Organisms, "Scientific America, Vol.258, No.6 (June 1988))
"Eighty to eighty-five percent of earth's land surface does not have even 3 geological periods appearing in 'correct' consecutive order ... it becomes an overall exercise of gargantuan special pleading and
imagination for the evolutionary-uniformitarian paradigm to maintain
that there ever were geologic periods."
(John Woodmorappe, geologist)
"That a mindless, purposeless, chance process such as natural
selection, acting on the sequels of recombinant DNA or random
mutation, most of which are injurious or fatal, could fabricate such
complexity and organisation as the vertebrate eye, where each
component part must carry out its own distinctive task in a
harmoniously functioning optical unit, is inconceivable. The absence of
transitional forms between the invertebrates retina and that of the
vertebrates poses another difficulty. Here there is a great gulf fixed
which remains inviolate with no seeming likelihood of ever being
bridged. The total picture speaks of intelligent creative design of an
infinitely high order."
(H.S.Hamilton (MD) The Retina of the Eye - An Evolutionary Road Block.)
"My attempts to demonstrate evolution by an experiment carried on for more than 40 years have completely failed."
(N.H.Nilson, famous botanist and evolutionist)
"None of five museum officials could offer a single example of a
transitional series of fossilised organisms that would document the
transformation of one basically different type to another."
(Luther Sunderland, science researcher)
"The entire hominid collection known today would barely cover a
billiard table, but it has spawned a science because it is distinguished
by two factors which inflate its apparent relevance far beyond its
merits. First, the fossils hint at the ancestry of a supremely self-
important animal - ourselves. Secondly, the collection is so
tantalisingly incomplete, and the specimens themselves often so
fragmented and inconclusive, that more can be said about what is
missing than about what is present. Hence the amazing quantity of
literature on the subject ever since Darwin's work inspired the notion
that fossils linking modern man and extinct ancestor would provide the
most convincing proof of human evolution, preconceptions have led
evidence by the nose in the study of fossil man."
(John Reader, Whatever Happened to Zinjanthropus? New Scientist Vol. 89, No.12446 (March 26,1981) pp 802-805))
"The evolutionist thesis has become more stringently unthinkable than ever before."
(Wolfgang Smith Ph.D.)
"The only competing explanation for the order we all see in the
biological world is the notion of Special Creation."
(Niles Eldridge, PhD., palaeontologist and evolutionist, American Museum of Natural History).
Darwin's Own Confession
- "Not one change of species into another is on record ... we cannot prove that a single species has been changed."
(Charles Darwin, My Life & Letters)
- "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."
(Charles Darwin, Origin of Species, chapter "Difficulties")
- "A growing number of respectable scientists are defecting from the evolutionist camp ... moreover, for the most part these 'experts' have
abandoned Darwinism, not on the basis of religious faith or biblical
persuasions, but on scientific grounds, and in some instances,
(Wolfgang Smith, Ph.D., physicist and mathematician)
- "As yet we have not been able to track the phylogenetic history of a single group of modern plants from its beginning to the present."
(Chester A Arnold, Professor of Botany and Curator of Fossil Plants, University of Michigan, An Introduction to Paleobotany (New York:
McGraw-Hill, 1947, p.7)
- "The more scientists have searched for the transitional forms that lie
between species, the more they have been frustrated."
(John Adler with John Carey: Is Man a Subtle Accident, Newsweek, Vol.96, No.18 (November 3, 1980, p.95)
- "...most people assume that fossils provide a very important part of the general argument in favour of Darwinian interpretations of the history of life. Unfortunately, this is not strictly true."
(Dr David Raup, Curator of geology, Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago)
- "Despite the bright promise that palaeontology provides means of
'seeing' Evolution, it has provided some nasty difficulties for
evolutionists, the most notorious of which is the presence of 'gaps' in
the fossil record. Evolution requires intermediate forms between
species and palaeontology does not provide them."
(David Kitts, Ph.D. Palaeontology and Evolutionary Theory, Evolution, Vol.28 (Sep.1974) p.467)
- "Hundreds of scientists who once taught their university students that the bottom line on origins had been figured out and settled are today confessing that they were completely wrong. They've discovered that their previous conclusions, once held so fervently, were based on very fragile evidences and suppositions which have since been refuted by
new discoveries. This has necessitated a change in their basic
philisophical position on origins. Others are admitting great
weaknesses in evolution theory."
(Luther D Sutherland, Darwin's Enigma: Fossils and Other Problems, 4th edition (Santee, California: Master Books,1988) pp.7-8)
- "The fact that a theory so vague, so insufficiently verifiable, and so far from the criteria otherwise applied in 'hard' science has become a dogma can only be explained on sociological grounds."
(Ludwig von Bertalanffy, biologist)
- "Micromutations do occur, but the theory that these alone can account for evolutionary change is either falsified, or else it is an unfalsifiable, hence metaphysical theory. I suppose that nobody will deny that it is a great misfortune if an entire branch of science becomes addicted to a false theory. But this is what has happened in biology: ... I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest deceit in the history of science. When this happens many people will pose the question: How did this ever happen?"
(S Lovtrup, Darwinism: The Refutation of a Myth (London:Croom Helm, p.422))
- "If one allows the unquestionably largest experimenter to speak,
namely nature, one gets a clear and incontrovertible answer to the
question about the significance of mutations for the formation of
species and evolution. They disappear under the competitive conditions
of natural selection, as soap bubbles burst in a breeze."
(Evolutionist Herbert Nilson, Synthetische Artbildung (Lund, Sweden:Verlag CWK Gleerup Press, 1953, p 174)
- "In all the thousands of fly-breeding experiments carried out all over the world for more than fifty years, a distinct new species has never
been seen to emerge ... or even a new enzyme."
(Gordon Taylor, The Great Evolution Mystery (New York: Harper and Row, 1983, pp 34, 38)
- "The uniform, continuous transformation of Hyracotherium into Equus,
so dear to the hearts of generations of textbook writers, never happened
(George Simpson, palaeontologist and Evolutionist)
- "As is well known, most fossil species appear instantaneously in the fossil record."
(Tom Kemp, Oxford University)
- "The fossil record pertaining to man is still so sparsely known that those who insist on positive declarations can do nothing more than
jump from one hazardous surmise to another and hope that the next
dramatic discovery does not make them utter fools ... Clearly some
refuse to learn from this. As we have seen, there are numerous
scientists and popularizers today who have the temerity to tell us that
there is 'no doubt' how man originated: if only they had the
(William R Fix, The Bone Pedlars, New York: Macmillan
Publishing Company, 1984, p.150)
- "The curious thing is that there is a consistency about the fossil gaps; the fossils are missing in all the important places."
(Francis Hitching, archaeologist).
- "The intelligent layman has long suspected circular reasoning in the use of rocks to date fossils and fossils to date rocks. The geologist has never bothered to think of a good reply."
(J.O'Rourke in the American Journal of Science)
- "In most people's minds, fossils and Evolution go hand in hand. In reality, fossils are a great embarrassment to Evolutionary theory and
offer strong support for the concept of Creation. If Evolution were true,
we should find literally millions of fossils that show how one kind of life slowly and gradually changed to another kind of life. But missing links are the trade secret, in a sense, of palaeontology. The point is, the links are still missing. What we really find are gaps that sharpen up the boundaries between kinds. It's those gaps which provide us with the
evidence of Creation of separate kinds. As a matter of fact, there are
gaps between each of the major kinds of plants and animals. Transition
forms are missing by the millions. What we do find are separate and
complex kinds, pointing to Creation."
(Dr Gary Parker Biologist/palaeontologist and former ardent Evolutionist.)
- "Evolution requires intermediate forms between species and
palaeontology does not provide them."
(David Kitts, palaeontologist and Evolutionist)
- "... I still think that, to the unprejudiced, the fossil record of plants is in favour of special creation. Can you imagine how an orchid, a duckweed and a palm tree have come from the same ancestry, and have we any evidence for this assumption? The evolutionist must be prepared with
an answer, but I think that most would break down before an
(Dr Eldred Corner, Professor of Botany at Cambridge
University, England: Evolution in Contemporary Botanical Thought
(Chicago: Quadrangle Books, 1961, p.97))
- "Fossils are a great embarrassment to Evolutionary theory and offer strong support for the concept of Creation."
(Gary Parker, Ph.D., biologist/palaeontologist and former evolutionist)
- "So firmly does the modern geologist believe in evolution up from simple organisms to complex ones over huge time spans, that he is
perfectly willing to use the theory of evolution to prove the theory of
evolution [p.128] ... one is applying the theory of evolution to prove the
correctness of evolution. For we are assuming that the oldest
formations contain only the most primitive and least complex
organisms, which is the base assumption of Darwinism ... [p.127] If we
now assume that only simple organisms will occur in old formations,
we are assuming the basic premise of Darwinism to be correct. To use,
therefore, for dating purposes, the assumption that only simple
organisms will be present in old formations is to thoroughly beg the
whole question. It is arguing in a circle. [p.128]"
(Arthur E Wilder-Smith, Man's Origin, Man's destiny: Harold Shaw Publishers, 1968, pp127-8)
- "It cannot be denied that from a strictly philosophical standpoint, geologists are here arguing in a circle. The succession of organisms has been determined by the study of their remains imbedded in the rocks, and the relative ages of the rocks are determined by the remains of the organisms they contain."
(R H Rastall, Lecturer in Economic Geology, Cambridge University: Encyclopaedia Britannica, Vol.10 (Chicago: William Benton, Publisher, 1956, p.168)
- "I admit that an awful lot of that [fantasy] has gotten into the textbooksas though it were true. For instance, the most famous example still onexhibit downstairs [in the American Museum of Natural History] is theexhibit on horse evolution prepared fifty years ago. That has been
presented as literal truth in textbook after textbook. Now, I think that
that is lamentable, particularly because the people who propose these
kinds of stories themselves may be aware of the speculative nature of
some of the stuff. But by the time it filters down to the textbooks, we've
got science as truth and we have a problem."
(Dr Niles Eldredge, Palaeontologist and Evolutionist)
DNA is DeoxyriboNucleic Acid. Chromosomes are thread-like
structures made of DNA and protein. There are 46 chromosomes in man.
- "The set of genetic instructions for humans is roughly three billion letters long."
(Miroslav Radman & Robert Wagner, The High
Fidelity of DNA Duplication, Scientific America, Vol. 259, No.2
August 1988, pp40-46)
- "DNA and the molecules that surround it form a truly superb
mechanism - a miniaturised marvel. The information is so compactly
stored that the amount of DNA necessary to code all the people living
on our planet might fit into a space no larger than an aspirin tablet."
(Paul S Taylor in The Illustrated Origins Answer Book page 23)
- "... Life cannot have had a random beginning ... The trouble is that there are about two thousand enzymes, and the chance of obtaining them all in a random trial is only one part in 10 to the power of 40,000, an outrageously small probability that could not be faced even if the whole universe consisted of organic soup. If one is not prejudiced either by social beliefs or by a scientific training into the conviction that life originated on the Earth, this simple calculation wipes the idea entirely out of court ..."
(Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe, Evolution from Space)
- "The chance that useful DNA molecules would develop without a
Designer are apparently zero. Then let me conclude by asking which
came first - the DNA (which is essential for the synthesis of proteins) or
the protein enzyme (DNA-polymerase) without which DNA synthesis is
nil? ... there is virtually no chance that chemical 'letters' would
spontaneously produce coherent DNA and protein 'words.'"
(George Howe, expert in biology sciences)
- "...An intelligible communication via radio signal from some distant galaxy would be widely hailed as evidence of an intelligent source. Why then doesn't the message sequence on the DNA molecule also
constitute prima facie evidence for an intelligent source? After all,
DNA information is not just analogous to a message sequence such as
Morse code, it is such a message sequence."
(Charles B Thaxton, Walter L Bradley and Robert L Olsen: The Mystery of Life's Origin, Reassessing Current Theories (New York Philosophical Library 1984) pp 211-212)
- "Generation after generation, through countless cell divisions, the genetic heritage of living things is scrupulously preserved in DNA ...
All of life depends on the accurate transmission of information. As
genetic messages are passed through generations of dividing cells, even
small mistakes can be life-threatening ... if mistakes were as rare as one
in a million, 3000 mistakes would be made during each duplication of
the human genome. Since the genome replicates about a million billion
times in the course of building a human being from a single fertilised
egg, it is unlikely that the human organism could tolerate such a high
rate of error. In fact, the actual rate of mistakes is more like one in 10
(Miroslav Radman and Robert Wagner, The High Fidelity
of DNA Duplication... Scientific America. Vol. 299, No 2 (August 1988,
pp 40-44. Quote is from page 24))
- "In the meantime, the educated public continues to believe that Darwin has provided all the relevant answers by the magic formula of random mutations plus natural selection - quite unaware of the fact that random mutations turned out to be irrelevant and natural selection a
(Arthur Koestler, author)
- "Evolution lacks a scientifically acceptable explanation of the source of the precisely planned codes within cells without which there can be no specific proteins and hence, no life."
(David A Kaufman, Ph.D., University of Florida, Gainsesville)
- "Once we see, however, that the probability of life originating at random is so utterly minuscule as to make it absurd, it becomes
sensible to think that the favourable properties of physics on which life
depends are in every respect deliberate....It is therefore almost
inevitable that our own measure of intelligence must reflect ...higher
intelligences...even to the limit of God...such a theory is so obvious that one wonders why it is not widely accepted as being self-evident. The
reasons are psychological rather than scientific."
(Sir Fred Hoyle, well-known British mathematician, astronomer and cosmologist)
- "Ultimately, the Darwinian theory of evolution is no more nor less than the great cosmogenic myth of the twentieth century."
(Michael Denton, 'Evolution, A Theory in Crisis' page 358)
- "Any suppression which undermines and destroys that very foundation on which scientific methodology and research was erected, evolutionist or otherwise, cannot and must not be allowed to flourish ... It is a confrontation between scientific objectivity and ingrained prejudice - between logic and emotion - between fact and fiction ... In the final analysis, objective scientific logic has to prevail - no matter what the final result is - no matter how many time-honoured idols have to be discarded in the process ... After all, it is not the duty of science to defend the theory of evolution and stick by it to the bitter end -no matter what illogical and unsupported conclusions it offers ... If in the process of impartial scientific logic, they find that creation by outside
intelligence is the solution to our quandary, then let's cut the umbilical
chord that tied us down to Darwin for such a long time. It is choking us
and holding us back ... Every single concept advanced by the theory of
evolution (and amended thereafter) is imaginary as it is not supported
by the scientifically established probability concepts. Darwin was
wrong... The theory of evolution may be the worst mistake made in
(I L Cohen, Darwin Was Wrong - A Study in Probabilities
PO Box 231, Greenvale, New York 11548: New Research Publications,
Inc. pp 6-8, 209-210, 214-215. I.L.Cohen, Member of the New York
Academy of Sciences and Officer of the Archaeological Institute of
- "The notion that ... the operating programme of a living cell could be arrived at by chance in a primordial soup here on earth is evidently nonsense of a high order."
(Evolutionist Sir Fred Hoyle)
- "The theory of Evolution ... will be one of the great jokes in the history books of the future. Posterity will marvel that so flimsy and dubious an hypothesis could be accepted with the incredible credulity it has."
(Malcolm Muggeridge, well-known philosopher)
- "We have had enough of the Darwinian fallacy. It is time that we cry: 'The emperor has no clothes.'"
(K.Hsu, geologist at the Geological Institute at Zurich)
- "Far from being an established fact of science that it is so typically portrayed to be, evolution is, in reality, an unreasonable and unfounded hypothesis that is riddled with countless scientific fallacies."
(Scott M Huse, The Collapse of Evolution (Baker Book House, Grand Rapids, Michigan, pp 127)
- "Unfortunately many scientists and non-scientists have made Evolution into a religion, something to be defended against infidels. In my experience, many students of biology - professors and textbook writers
included - have been so carried away with the arguments for Evolution
that they neglect to question it. They preach it ... College students,
having gone through such a closed system of education, themselves
become teachers, entering high schools to continue the process, using
textbooks written by former classmates or professors. High standards of
scholarship and teaching break down. Propaganda and the pursuit of
power replace the pursuit knowledge. Education becomes a fraud."
(George Kocan, Evolution isn't Faith But Theory, Chicago Tribune 9
Monday April 21 1980)
- "Scientists who go about teaching that Evolution is a fact of life are great con men, and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax
ever. In explaining Evolution we do not have one iota of fact."
(Dr T N Tahmisian, a former U.S. Atomic Energy Commission physiologist)
- "Evolution is a fairy tale for grown-ups. This theory has helped
nothing in the progress of science. It is useless."
(Dr Louise Bounoure, Director of Research at the French National Centre for Scientific Research, Director of the Zoological Museum and former
president of the Biological Society of Strasbourg)
Articles and Books by Various Authors
Return to Bro. Terry's Home Page!
Click your browser's Back button to return to the previous page!
To Top of Page!