|CURIOUS FACTS AND INTERESTING INFORMATION ABOUT THE BIBLE|
The 66 Books or sub-divisions comprising the Old and New Testaments contain:
39 Books with 929 Chapters in the Old Testament, and 27 Books with 260 Chapters in the New Testament, for a Total of 66 Books and 1,189 Chapters.
(Verses, 31,102*, or 31,093, or 31,101; Words, 773,746*, or 773,692, or 791,328; Letters, 3,586,489*. )
The Shortest Verse in the Bible is the 35th in the 11th Chapter on John.
The Longest Verse in the Bible is the 9th in the 8th Chapter of Esther.
The Middle Verse in the Bible is Psalms Chapter 118 ª Verse 8 (or 103:1-2)?
The Longest Chapter is the 119th Psalm.
The Shortest Chapter is the 117th Psalm.
The Longest Book is Psalms.
The Shortest Book is III John.
The 8th, 15th, 21st, 31st Verses of the 107th Psalm are alike.
The 19th Chapter of II Kings and the 37th Chapter of Isaiah are practically alike.
Every Verse in the 136th Psalm has the same ending.
The word "Lord" occurs 7,736 times in the Old and New Testaments.
The word "God" occurs 4,370 times in the Old and New Testaments.
The words "Boy" and "Boys" are mentioned 3 times as follows: Joel 3:3; Zech. 8:5.
The words "Girl" and "Girls" are mentioned 2 times as follows: Joel 3:3; Zech. 8:5.
The name of "God" is not mentioned in the Book of Esther, or in the Song of Solomon.
The 21st Verse of the 7th Chapter of Ezra contains all the letters of the Alphabet except "j".
There are approximately 8,000 different words in the Holy Bible.
*Total Number of Verses, Words and Letters is Unconfirmed. Numbers with an asterisk (*) are believed to be the most accurate.
CURIOUS FACTS AND INTERESTING INFORMATION ABOUT THE BIBLE IS PROVIDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
KING JAMES AUTHORIZED VERSION: VIDEO
VIDEO: HOVIND ON BIBLE VERSIONS
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do new versions corrupt the gospel?
2. Do new versions corrupt the Lord's model prayer?
3. Do new versions permit sodomy?
4. Do new versions support foul spirits?
5. Do new versions support Roman Catholic errors?
6. Do new versions hurt Christians?
7. Does the Amplified Bible ignore the Rev. 22 warning?
8. Do some Dead Sea Scrolls pervert scriptures?
9. What about the Geneva Bible?
10. Why didn't Jesus use the Septuagint?
11. Do new version editors admit "important" changes?
12. Where does the NIV omit 15 verses?
13. Why avoid Greek and Hebrew lexicons, interlinears, software, and grammars for Bible study and translation !!!!!!!!
14. What is the most subtle Catholic change in new versions?